Other Names: SHS; Sodium dithionite; Sodium hypodisulfite
Molecular Formula: Na2S2O4
Molecular Weight: 174.11
CAS NO.: 7775-14-6
EINECS NO.: 231-890-0
UN NO.: 1384
H.S. CODE NO.: 2831.1010
Purity: 74% min., 85% min., 88% min. & 90% min.
1.Appearence: Free flowing white Crystalline Powder
2.Melting Point: 52℃ （Decomposes)
3.Water Solubility: 225 g/L at 20 ℃
4.Density: 1.4 – 1.6 g/cm3
5.Stability: Reacts with acids and Water. Reacts violently with Oxidizing agent. Avoid Small quantity of water, Sodium chlorite, Oxidizing agents, Acids.
|Grade 1||Grade 2||Grade 3|
|Purity||90% min.||88% min.||85% min.|
|Sodium Bisulphite NaHSO3||0.5% max||0.5% max||0.5% max|
|Sodium Carbonate Na2CO3||0.6% - 2%||1% - 3%||2% - 4%|
|Sodium Metabisulfite Na2S2O5||5% - 7%||5% - 7%||5% - 7%|
|Sodium Thiosulphate Na2S2O3||1% max.||1.2% max.||1.2% max.|
|Sodium Formate HCOONa||0.3% max.||0.5% max.||0.5% max.|
|Water Insoluble||0.3% max.||0.5% max.||0.5% max.|
|Iron Fe||0.005% max.||0.005% max.||0.005% max.|
|Zinc Zn||0.0001% max.||0.0001% max.||0.0001% max.|
25kg steel drum; 50kg steel drums or as per customers' requirement
1. Widely used in textile industry for vat dyeing, reduction cleaning, printing and stripping, textile textile bleaching .
2. Also used as the most fittable bleaching agent in bleaching paper pulps, especially mechanical pulps.
3. Also used in bleaching kaolin clay, fur, bamboo products & straw products and reductive whitening.
4. Also used in mineral, the compound of thiourea and other sulphides.
5. Also used as reducing agent in chemical industry.
6. Sodium hydrosulfite food grade is used as bleaching agent and preservative dried fruits, dried vegetable, vermicelli, glucose, sugar, rock sugar, caramel, candy, liquid glucose, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and canned mushrooms
1.IMDG: Class 4.2
2.Packaging group: II
3.Storage: Stored in cool place. Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place. Never allow product to get in contact with water during storage. Humid air and moisture sensitive material. Do not store near acids & oxidizing agents.